Ondo State Governor Rotimi Akeredolu, has confirmed the arrest of five persons involved in attack of worshippers at St. Francis Catholic Church, Owo on June 5, 2022.

His confirmation followed an earlier disclosure by the Chief of Defence Staff (CDS), Gen. Lucky Irabor, that the suspects had been arrested in connection with the Owo massacre.

Gen. Irabor made the disclosure while meeting with media executives in Abuja on Tuesday.

Governor Akeredolu said that the owner of the house where the attackers stayed before the June 5 attack in Owo had also been arrested.

”Now that the military has announced it, I can tell you that five of them have been arrested now. They are still on the trail of the rest,” the governor said.

“The home where they lodged in Owo and the person that accommodated them before the attack, has also been arrested.

“We did not spare a moment. I am happy that the Chief of Defence Staff has announced it. We have known for a while but we needed not to come out with it because more works are still ongoing.

“I can confirm that this arrest has been made and they are still on the trail of some of them.”

Not less than 41 persons died in the attack, while several others were injured, including two children.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *